httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: meta-data
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:32:59 GMT

> This list has been pretty quite lately.  What about discussing some
> documentation ;-)

Good idea ;)

> Here is a new document to bring together a bunch of similar
> modules/directives into someplace where a new user could find them, along
> the lines of env.html, logs.html, urlmapping, etc.  This one is for
> response-metadata:

Very nice work. It is short enough to get new users to read it. :)
+1 to add this document.

Some thoughts about:

As Michael suggested, I would add a small section with information about
the different response headers httpd might send and where to find
further information about.

A user might also wonder, whether the file extension order is relevant.
The content enconding example might be a good place to add a small note
about.

The Content-Language example might be a litte bit confusing. Why
there are two languages (en,fr)? A new user would expect only one
language, because of documents normally containing only one single
language.

> Anyone have suggestions on additions/changes?  Can anyone suggest a title
> better than "Response Metadata", which could be kind of obscure to the new
> user?

What do you think about something like "Setting the reponse
properties"?

Kess