httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <>
Subject Re: Thout reader
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:29:51 GMT
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, [ISO-8859-15] André Malo wrote:

> * Rich Bowen <> wrote:
> > The Thout Reader folks ( and
> > want to make the Apache docs
> > available in their document format, and perhaps for us to distribute it
> > on our site. They'd help with xslt to convert xml directly to their
> > format.
> >
> > Discuss among yourselves.
> >
> > Generally, I'm supportive of this idea, because it gives a nice
> > distribution of the docs, PDF-ish, but easier to generate and maintain.
> I find it a bit weird, that one cannot get the current source and even some
> installation instructions on their site. (Or I've failed to find it). It
> doesn't look very "open" in sense of "open source" (I cannot verify if the CVS
> on is the same as the 1.0 source).
> Anyway, if they want to use the httpd docs, they can do it without to ask us
> -- with respect to the license.

Yes, and I believe I made that point very clear to them. And when they
asked about distributing the document from our site, I warned them about
the impression of implied endorsement. The doc itself is xhtml (or some
strange varient therof.)

I keep walking, from daybreak 'til the falling night
And as days turn into weeks and years,
And years turn into lifetimes, I just keep walking
              Dead man's rope, Sting, Sacred Love

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message