httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Yoshiki Hayashi <yosh...@xemacs.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual urlmapping.xml.ja
Date Sat, 24 Jul 2004 05:38:14 GMT
Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> writes:

> Just a reminder: all translations should include a "reviewed by" comment
> in the commit message so that we know that it was properly reviewed.

Can we be a little bit lax about translations especially
when there are more than one committers?  When I was the
only committer of Japanese translation, I made sure all
files are reviewed before committed.  That included my own
translation.  Since nobody helped reviewing my translation,
I usually reviewed my translation after a week or so.  That
process was good to ensure the quality of the translation,
it was also quite a burden.  Sometimes multiple revisions is
made to the English document that means the translated files
will not be committed to the repository for a while.

I believe the changes as small as this are OK to be in CTR
rather than RTC and is actually better that way.
Furthermore, these changes are made to 2.1 branch instead of
2.0.  There's plenty of time for these change to be reviewed
before going into production.  So I hope we can apply CTR to
translation in 2.1 when there are multiple committers to the
language.

--
Yoshiki Hayashi