httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Thout reader
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:24:53 GMT
* Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> The Thout Reader folks (http://www.osoft.com/thout/ and
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/thout/) want to make the Apache docs
> available in their document format, and perhaps for us to distribute it
> on our site. They'd help with xslt to convert xml directly to their
> format.
>
> Discuss among yourselves.
>
> Generally, I'm supportive of this idea, because it gives a nice
> distribution of the docs, PDF-ish, but easier to generate and maintain.

I find it a bit weird, that one cannot get the current source and even some
installation instructions on their site. (Or I've failed to find it). It
doesn't look very "open" in sense of "open source" (I cannot verify if the CVS
on sf.net is the same as the 1.0 source).

Anyway, if they want to use the httpd docs, they can do it without to ask us
-- with respect to the license.

nd
--
package Hacker::Perl::Another::Just;print
qq~@{[reverse split/::/ =>__PACKAGE__]}~;

#  André Malo  #  http://www.perlig.de  #