httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Japanese transformation is not stable (was: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod mod_status.html.ja.jis allmodules.xml.ja core.html.ja.jis core.xml.meta index.html.ja.jis mod_status.html mod_status.html.en mod_status.xml.meta quickreference.html.ja.jis)
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:20:40 GMT
* yoshiki@apache.org wrote:

> yoshiki     2004/07/25 21:09:37
>
>   Modified:    docs/manual/mod allmodules.xml.ja core.html.ja.jis
>                         core.xml.meta index.html.ja.jis mod_status.html
>                         mod_status.html.en mod_status.xml.meta
>                         quickreference.html.ja.jis
>   Added:       docs/manual/mod mod_status.html.ja.jis
>   Log:
>   Update transformation.

Hmm. It still happens, that different JREs (?) produce different iso-2022-jp
output (i.e. any time someone builds all and diffs, he gets .ja.jis diffs.
I'd suggest to switch the transformation finally to shift_jis, which is more
stable (because there are none of these problematic escape sequences).

If we decide to switch the charset then we also need to decide, whether we
want to move the files in CVS (ja.jis to ja.sjis) or just change to charset
configuration for the docs directories. I'd prefer the latter. But for
backwards compat reasons we may need to move the files.

Opinions?

nd
--
"Solides und umfangreiches Buch"