httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Jean-Jacques Clar" <>
Subject Re: Translation issues
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:24:14 GMT
Is there a way to trace those files?
I could take on the responsibility of the french translation reviewing
and committing submitted patches.

>>> 4/20/2004 11:08:58 AM >>>

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Joshua Slive wrote:

> I'm really happy with the our presentation of translations in the
> docs.  Mostly thanks to nd, we now have a system which has the
> elements:
> - Automatically selects the appropriate translation
> - But allows this to be semi-permanently overriden
> - And lets people know if what they are reading is up to date.
> With those three things, I believe the translations are now very
> My question now is, are there any barriers that are keeping more
> translations from getting done (other than the obvious lack of time
> energy)?
> Am I correct that there is a huge backlog of german translations
> never got committed?
> Do we need to give commit access to more docs people?
> Is there anything else we can do policy or infrastructure wise to

At least one person on IRC has mentioned that they had submitted
translations and then waited to the point of giving up for approval.
Apparently there were significant amounts of french translations done
that never got committed.

The night has a thousand saxophones.
So get out there and rock.
        Roll the Bones - Rush