httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Translation issues
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:18:45 GMT

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Nick Kew wrote:
> Hmmm.  Someone (Jeff Trawick?) posted a few weeks ago recommending this
> as the preferred means of submission for non-committers.  But it seems
> there are bugs with supplied patches going back some time.  Would I
> be too far off if I extrapolate from my past experience?

The recommended use of the bug database for patch coordination is a rather
new thing, so we'll have to wait a while to see how it pans out.  In
previous times, you knew your patch wouldn't be forgotten if it was
entered in STATUS.  But STATUS is little-used now-a-days.

I do think the bug database is a good place to coordinate patches, and
that includes docs patches.  But for translations in particular, it may be
best to start on the docs list, where there is a better chance of finding
a reviewer.

Joshua.