httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Translation issues
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:48:46 GMT
I'm really happy with the our presentation of translations in the 2.0
docs.  Mostly thanks to nd, we now have a system which has the important
elements:
- Automatically selects the appropriate translation
- But allows this to be semi-permanently overriden
- And lets people know if what they are reading is up to date.
With those three things, I believe the translations are now very useful.

My question now is, are there any barriers that are keeping more
translations from getting done (other than the obvious lack of time and
energy)?

Am I correct that there is a huge backlog of german translations that
never got committed?

Do we need to give commit access to more docs people?

Is there anything else we can do policy or infrastructure wise to help?

Joshua.