httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Translation issues
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:15:59 GMT
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Rich Bowen wrote:
> > At least one person on IRC has mentioned that they had submitted
> > translations and then waited to the point of giving up for approval.

I can identify with that (from experience of submitting things to
httpd and apr).  The only way I've got anything committed is by
bugging people on IRC.

> a couple weeks, then resubmit.  You can also use the bug database, but I
> don't really recommend it for translations, since it has a rather narrow
> reviewer base.

Hmmm.  Someone (Jeff Trawick?) posted a few weeks ago recommending this
as the preferred means of submission for non-committers.  But it seems
there are bugs with supplied patches going back some time.  Would I
be too far off if I extrapolate from my past experience?

--
Nick Kew

Nick's manifesto: http://www.htmlhelp.com/~nick/