httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: Translation issues
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:06:32 GMT
> My question now is, are there any barriers that are keeping more
> translations from getting done (other than the obvious lack of time and
> energy)?

No, not the barriers are to high. Wht we need is more life at this list.
Some more discussions, some more commits may attrackt more people to
contribute. It's a problem of our current contributors - including
myself ;)

> Am I correct that there is a huge backlog of german translations that
> never got committed?

Yes, this is right. They are not forgotten. They still need some
additional review.

> Do we need to give commit access to more docs people?

hm, I know some poeple lurking here and contributing from time to time.
But I'm not sure, they want to contribute on a regular base or want to
get commit access. Maybe I should ask them directly?

Last but not least, there are also good news: It seems we will get a
committer for a Spanisch translation of 2.0 in the near future. It's a
German-Spanish boy with good English knowlegde. Hope he will start soon.

 Kess