httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Goran Krajacic" <goran.kraja...@uni-mb.si>
Subject Apache on windows - persistent database connections
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:01:45 GMT
Greetings

I have read that Apache uses multi processing(one master process with many child processes).
My problem was that i needed to create only ONE persistent database connection to SQL server(but
of course in Apache every child process would create its own persistent connection).

Recently i have again read the docs and i noticed the mpm_winnt (This Multi-Processing Module
is optimized for Windows NT):
This Multi-Processing Module (MPM) is the default for the Windows NT operating systems. It
uses a single control process which launches a single child process which in turn creates
threads to handle requests

So my question is if this is what im searching for? Will this module work the way that it
creates only one persistent database connection?

Thanks and best regards

Goran