httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-dist/docs README.html
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:32:44 GMT
> We could consider trying to help more people find the alternative formats.
> It seems that most windows users would be better off with the chm than
> with the format that comes with apache.  And I'm still wondering if we
> would be better off distributing the docs entirely separately from the
> code.

nd and I discussed this point several times. There are a lot of
advantages distributing the documentation seperately.
- The code distribution will be much smaler.
- Most people do not need all languages.
- A lot of admins do not install/want/need the documentation on production
  machines.
... and other advantages. But we have one problem: we do not have an offline
html documentation. Our docs need a properly installed server. So we
have to build offline html documents or we have to offer an installation
skript if we want to distribute the documentation seperately.

 Kess