httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: outdate (was Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod mod_alias.xml.ja mod_autoindex.xml.ja)
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:29:02 GMT
* Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 nd@apache.org wrote:
> >   +<!-- English Revision: 1.12 (outdated: 1.13) -->
>
> Not that I'm volunteering to do the work, but...

;-)

> Wouldn't this be better using real xml fields, which we could then
> transform in the docs so that readers of translations would know if they
> were reading the most recent version?

And display an automatic warning in front (or at the bottom?) of the document?
Sounds good. We could add that information to the metafiles (since they are
already perl-generated).

I see just one minor problem: The task depends heavily on cvs in path and an
online connection. So the way would be to run it just from time to time and
update the info periodically (manually). It should not be triggered
automatically on a building box. I could live with that limitation. Thoughts?

nd