httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Shift_Jis for generated japanese output?
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 06:36:14 GMT
* Yoshiki Hayashi <yoshiki@xemacs.org> wrote:

> Sorry for disappearing from the list for a while.

No need to excuse ;-)

> Not really.  Iso-2022-jp is the most auto-detection friendly
> encoding because of infamous escape sequence but shift_jis
> would be OK, too.  I'm +-0 on conversion at the moment
> because it hasn't caused me much trouble so far.

Well, then we should stick with it.

I find it just annoying that the recoding is not stable (i.e. the xalan
serializer output differs from version to version and depending on other
things like moon phases or so :).

(though... actually I don't know if shift_jis would make the things better)

nd