httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: Contribution offer: Help with German Translation/Review
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:34:52 GMT
>>> If you look at the postings to this list during the past weeks
>>> you can see that Jobst Giesecke is posting lots of translations
>>> for Apache 2.1 manual parts here every other day, formatted as
>>> XML documents according to the latest Apache document standard.
>> No, not 2.1. It is 2.0 :-)

> are you sure?

I am not sure, what Jobst is doing. Some time ago I explained him the
differences between 2.0 and 2.1 and where to find which version of the
original documentation.

But I'm absolutely sure, that the book will be about 2.0.
Unfortunally there are no comments or feedback from Jobst, so I can't
tell whether the translation is going right.

> While I reviewed some of these translated files I often found
> lines that weren't there in the current 2.0 online version.

> But since I switched to the 2.1 online version for double
> checking this has never happened again... does this mean the
> 2.0 online version is older than the one Jobst is translating?

No, the docs for 2.0 and 2.1 are slightly different. All new coding for
the HTTP Server is done for version 2.1. At the moment 2.1 and 2.0 are
mostly the same. But with the time they will differ more and more - and
the docs too.

Kess