httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Daniel Lopez <dan...@rawbyte.com>
Subject Re: Spanish custom error messages in the Apache HTTP Server
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 21:39:31 GMT

Simo,

-    El servidor fuente recibio informaci&oacute;n
-    inv&aacute;lida por parte del servidor destino.
+    El servidor fuente recibio información
+    invàlida por parte del servidor destino.

Do not replace the HTTP that are used to represent entities for special
spanish characters like tilde for accents (you have done this in all the
documents)

The translation for "bad" as "mala" is too literal. "incorrecta" o "errónea"
would be much better. There are also a few accented letters missing, such as
in "recibio", "estan", "esta" etc.

Browser should be translated as "navegador" not "buscador"

"estar fuera de tiempo" does not make much sense, should be something like
"ha expirado"

Many error titles are missing the leading exclamation mark.

"porfavor" needs to be "por favor"

And a few others, can you correct those and resubmit? I feel weird creating
a patch of a patch :)

cheers

Daniel