httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: German translation of beos.xml
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 02:23:38 GMT

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Astrid Ke├čler wrote:
> I promised to coordinate this. Mr. Giesecke will send me the
> translations, I 'll check them syntactically and - if I have the time -
> do a review and post the files to this list for further review. I'll
> also send back all comments. Good translations, we agree on, will be
> committed. So this could be a win-win situation for both sites without
> any enforcment.
>
> Personally, I'm not that happy, because the publisher want to end the
> translation phase at the end of this year. IMO this is too short. Way
> too short for a really careful translation. I mentioned this to the
> publisher. But well... I hope this will take the german translation a
> step forward.
>
> Well, this is the first file. More will come.

This seems very good to me.  For our purposes, we don't need detailed
reviews: perfect docs are an impossible goal.  We simply need someone to
read them through for reasonableness, and then we can commit away.

Of course, I'm sure the publisher would appreciate a more detailed review.
And it seems a fair trade for the contribution.

joshua.