httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: German translation of mod_auth.xml
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 00:13:59 GMT
>> > So right now, there doesn't seem to be any more convenient method than
>> > reading the XML source code itself.
>>
>> It is possible to view the XML-Files in a browser. I did it before. I
>> have to look, which files are necessary and send you a description later
>> this evening.

> I've only had luck with MSIE6.  Mozilla has a problem with external entity
> references.

> The other option, of course, is simply use our transformation
> infrastructure.  It's not too complicated.

Using the transformation infrastructure and building html pages would be
the best way. But for single xml files you could use the following
workaround to make Mozilla rendering xml files with entities:

Copy the W3C entity definition files
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-lat1.ent
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-symbol.ent
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-special.ent
to the subdiretory res/dtd of your Mozilla installation directory.

Then edit the corresponding xml file. Replace the complete DOCTYPE
definition by

<!DOCTYPE modulesynopsis [
  <!ENTITY % HTMLlat1 SYSTEM "xhtml-lat1.ent">
  %HTMLlat1;
  <!ENTITY % HTMLsymbol SYSTEM "xhtml-symbol.ent">
  %HTMLsymbol;
  <!ENTITY % HTMLspecial SYSTEM "xhtml-special.ent">
  %HTMLspecial;
]>

Now you can view the xml file in your Mozilla browser.
This is nasty, but the only possibility I know, because Mozilla does not
load external entities from the web and will read external DTDs only
unter special circumstances I could not reproduce :(

HTH
 Kess