httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject German translation of beos.xml
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:20:23 GMT
Hi,

maybe you'll remember a discussion about a publisher offering us to
translate the http 2.0 docs into german. A long time and many
discussions after this project has been started now. The publisher is
paying a translator to do the work. This nice guy is Jobst Giesecke. He
will also send us the translated xml files for our usage. All what they
want is some review, as soon as possible. They know, sometimes they
won't get one, but they would be glad to get a feedback.

I promised to coordinate this. Mr. Giesecke will send me the
translations, I 'll check them syntactically and - if I have the time -
do a review and post the files to this list for further review. I'll
also send back all comments. Good translations, we agree on, will be
committed. So this could be a win-win situation for both sites without
any enforcment.

Personally, I'm not that happy, because the publisher want to end the
translation phase at the end of this year. IMO this is too short. Way
too short for a really careful translation. I mentioned this to the
publisher. But well... I hope this will take the german translation a
step forward.

Well, this is the first file. More will come.