httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/conf httpd-win.conf
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 06:25:17 GMT
* rbowen@apache.org wrote:

>   Unless anyone strenuously objects, I'm adding back the comments
>   regarding ScriptInterpreterSource. We're getting an increasing number of
>   questions about this.

I'm -0 on it, because using ScriptInterpretersource registry without further
explanation of the flaws is dangerous. Using ScriptInterpreterSource
registry-strict without knowing what it does is silly.
However, let us document it better and just refer to the docs, if at all.
Second objection is: The httpd.conf may not become a doc replacement. It
disturbes me a bit, that (a) people get such a big default config which gives
wrong impressions about how to use the apache. ("complex", <IfModule over all
and everywhere etc.).

YMMV. nd