httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Help with docs 2.0.47
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 00:02:12 GMT
On 17/10/2003, at 08:58, André Malo wrote:

> * Erik Abele <erik@codefaktor.de> wrote:
>
>>          SetEnvIf Request_URI
>> ^/manuals/apache/manual/(de|en|fr|ja|ko|ru)/ prefer-language=$1
>
> This is unfortunately 2.1 only yet ... You'd need the 2.0 version.

Uhh, you're right. So just for the records, this should have been the
following
for the 2.0 version:

     SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/de/ prefer-language=de
     SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/en/ prefer-language=en
     SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/fr/ prefer-language=fr
     SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/ja/ prefer-language=ja
     SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/ko/ prefer-language=ko
     SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/ru/ prefer-language=ru

instead of only

     SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manuals/apache/manual/(de|en|fr|ja|ko|ru)/
prefer-language=$1

for the 2.1 series.

>> To the docs folks: fwiw but we should have documented this change
>> better... nearly the same question hit me three times this week and I
>> suspect I'm not the only one ;)
>
> Yeah, probably. I bet the problem is mostly my fault, since I didn't
> think about the folks who copy their docs somewhere :-(
>
> FAQ?

Hmm, perhaps a dedicated section for the documentation configuration
and some words on the available formats and packages on [1] would be
appropriate? Hmm, or would this be too much?

Cheers,
Erik

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/faq/