httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: RCS $Id$ on doco
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:45:17 GMT
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Jason Lingohr wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 10:58:19PM -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
>

> > On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Jason Lingohr wrote:
> >
> > > Has this ever been considered, a la NetBSD website pages?
> > >
> > > I'd personally find it useful, anyone else?
> >
> > I'm not exactly sure of the usefullness of this.  What does it gain us?
>
> Quickly identifying lastmod time, the author, and revision.  To see if
> served pages are synced to httpd-site, and without having to walk through
> viewcvs for any of the above.

So, to ask again, what does this gain us? The author (or who touched it
last) is not particularly important, and the revision number will not be
useful to most of our readers.

I think perhaps that we need to do stuff for the convenience of the
majority of our readers, not for the few developers.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
There's more than one way to eat a rhesus