httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: retire cvs modules (moved from PMC)
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:25:04 GMT
At 10:30 AM 10/19/2003, Joshua Slive wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> http://cvs.apache.org/ shows that we have a *lot* of repositories that are hard for
>> newcomers to sort through (and consume quite a bit of space) - if we httpd'ers can
>> help mop up - I'm sure our efforts are appreciated.
>
>For that reason, and just to make clear to people what are the current, in
>development, repositories, I'm +1 on moving all those (except httpd-pop)
>under a graveyard, but retaining public accessibility.  That is really
>just a communication issue.  I don't believe this would cause significant
>pain to anybody, since I can't imagine anybody is using those repositories
>on a regular basis.
>
>As far as tarring them up and sticking them on archive.apache.org, I don't
>believe there is any need.  The one advantage is that all the crazy people
>who slurp up every repository on cvs.apache.org (by rsync or cvs) wouldn't
>get at them.  But retaining our history in a more "active" form is, I
>believe, worth that price.

The question about apache-apr, apache-nspr and apache-2.0 is - are they
a significant part of our history?  These three I'd say no, they aren't - and
should be tarred up for those interested in where Apache 2.0 might have
gone instead.  The same with httpd-proxy, since we moved that cvs history
back into the httpd-2.0 tree (and having both - even in the graveyard cvs,
is redundant.)

Bill