httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: ja translation new comer
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:08:59 GMT
* William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> At 10:47 AM 8/20/2003, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
>
>>I've created the "manual/license.xml" translation (into japanese).
>>
>>I think the "license" file could be one of the controversial
>>issues, regarding the "accuracy" of the translation. If you
>>need "assurance" of the quality of the translation, I am
>>willing to put the confirmation of laywers in japan (my friends),
>>sooner or later.
>
> This has come up - from the perspective that the license may not
> be enforceable in some jurisdictions without the native translation.
> At some point translations might become necessary.
>
> On the other hand, you are right, it is very controversial, in that one
> minor issue in a single translation could weaken that provision across
> all translations, or worse.
>
> This actually falls under the scope of the licensing committee, so
> I'm punting this thread in that direction.

ACK. Until it's resolved and approved (!) by the ASF I'm very -1 on committing
it.

Tetsuya, another point that may be not clear to you. The httpd-docs project
welcomes all contributions -- of course -- but for translations we require at
least one review by another native speaker. I'd suggest you contact Yoshiki
Hayashi in order to coordinate your works (also to avoid duplicate work and
the like).

Thanks!
nd