httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <>
Subject Re: <Location> vs. <Directory>
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:51:39 GMT
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Joshua Slive wrote:

> The Location docs in 2.0 say almost exactly that:

Doh!  So it does.  I only looked at LocationMatch.  :-/

I'm going to copy that whole blurb from Location to LocationMatch if it's
alright with you.

> Also, I'm not happy anymore with how I organized sections.html.  Having
> the discussion of <IfModule> and <IfDefine> right at the top puts way to
> much emphasis on these silly sections.  Improvements welcome.

Actually I think it reads pretty well as a page on the whole.  As for
IfModule and IfDefine, you might just insert another subhead so that that
stuff isn't under "Types of Configuration Section Containers" but under
"Conditional Directive Processing" or something.  The real problem here
was that the information I was looking for WAS there, just not where I was
looking for it.  A name link down to "What to use when" from Location and
LocationMatch would be good, and copying that (very useful) information
from Location to LocationMatch would also be good.  I think that pretty
much covers it.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message