httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Yoshiki Hayashi <yosh...@xemacs.org>
Subject Re: ja translation new comer
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 03:25:39 GMT
Welcome to the project!

Tetsuya Kitahata <tetsuya@apache.org> writes:

> I wondered how to put the translated jakarta.apache website (pages)
> to apache.org, however, I found that there were still many rooms
> for the contributions to this http-docs projects, especially
> for the httpd-docs-2.0. (Right??)
>
> # I presumed that there could be no rooms for the contribution
> # ,especially japanese resources! ;-)

Yes, we need more contributions.  Japanese translation
project really needs more help.

Japanese translation is mostly done on Japanese counterpart
of docs mailing list.  You can find the information at
http://cvs.apache.jp/docs-project/
It's actually a bit out of date so if you have any
questions, don't hesitate to ask us.  We don't strictly
follow the procedure described there.

The job most in need is reviewing the translation.  Because
I'm virtually the only person reviewing Japanese translation
done by others, there're a number of translations not yet
committed to apache.org repository.  To tell you the truth,
reviewing is not the very fun thing to do.  There's always
an ego problem so you must be careful not to upset the
original translator.  The only time reviewing becomes easy
is when translation is so good you have nothing to do.  This
is not often the case, though.  Most of the time, I myself
have to rewrite some of my own translation because the first
draft is almost always not good enough.

If you'd rather do new translations, that will be fine,
too.  But don't bark on me if those don't get committed to
apache.org repository in timely manner. :-)

Anyways, welcome to the project.

--
Yoshiki Hayashi