httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: ja translation new comer
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:09:50 GMT
At 10:47 AM 8/20/2003, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:

>I've created the "manual/license.xml" translation (into japanese).
>I think the "license" file could be one of the controversial
>issues, regarding the "accuracy" of the translation. If you
>need "assurance" of the quality of the translation, I am
>willing to put the confirmation of laywers in japan (my friends),
>sooner or later.

This has come up - from the perspective that the license may not
be enforceable in some jurisdictions without the native translation.
At some point translations might become necessary.

On the other hand, you are right, it is very controversial, in that one
minor issue in a single translation could weaken that provision across
all translations, or worse.

This actually falls under the scope of the licensing committee, so
I'm punting this thread in that direction.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message