httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject ja translation new comer
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:58:26 GMT
Greetings,

I [1] am a committer of jakarta.apache.org [2] and the current
editor (issuer) of 'The Apache Newsletter' [3].

[1] - http://cvs.apache.org/~tetsuya/
[2] - http://jakarta.apache.org/site/whoweare.html  (bottom)
[3] - http://www.apache.org/newsletter/

I somehow have come to be interested in the translations
of jakarta.apache and hosted (a half) of the website
translations (into japanese) to my companies' website [4].

[4] - http://jakarta.terra-intl.com/

However, to be honest, I do not have much concerns
on Java compared with the other languages, and i found
that I rather want to contribute to Apache.Org *directly*,
because my motivation to the participation of the ASF activity
can be expressed as "Those who owe a great debt of
gratitude to the *opensource* should return the benefit to
*opensource*" principle.

--

I wondered how to put the translated jakarta.apache website (pages)
to apache.org, however, I found that there were still many rooms

# I presumed that there could be no rooms for the contribution
# ,especially japanese resources! ;-)

I've already understood the structure of the httpd-docs related
modules and I will be able to do the hard-work ;-) sooner
or later.

# Also, downloaded and imported *all* the archives which I can get from
# "MBOX Mail Archive" [5]  to my favorite mail client, already.

[5] - http://httpd.apache.org/mail/

Just wanted to put my note to this mailing list.

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

E-mail: tetsuya@apache.org
http://www.terra-intl.com/

P.S.  I am a graduate of the Univ. of Tokyo, and entered in 1992.
I can recall the wonderful moment I first saw "It worked!" page from
Apache HTTP Server at that time.... Magical moment ;-)