httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Stainsby <erik...@vpl.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Documentation incomplete: Satisfy directive
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:22:38 GMT
On August 12, 2003 03:10 pm, Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Erik Stainsby wrote:
> > I have found that the documentation of the Satisfy directive is not
> > complete.  There ought to be a "Deny from all" line in the example.
> > For newbies.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.  Can you be more specific?  Why would you
> want to use Deny from all with satisfy?

How about this:
	with these lines in .htaccess:

	Require valid-user
	Allow from aaa.bbb.ccc
	Satisfy any

access is granted from hosts not in aaa.bbb.ccc
With the additional line:

	Require valid-user
	Allow from aaa.bbb.ccc
	Deny from all
	Satify any

the access control is restricted to login auth or the subnet specified,
which is the expected result in the first case.

- Erik

> [This message would be more appropriate on the docs@httpd.apache.org
> list; but since some documenters hang out here, it is probably ok.]

It is not terribly easy to find *that* piece of information coming to the
Apache site.  Perhaps a Contacts page would be in order ... Hmm?

> Joshua.

Cheers,
Erik

--