httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Are there any STRONG reasons to give up MultiView for manual docs?
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:31:04 GMT
* kajaa wrote:

> I've got it, what a nice tool build is, thanks.
>
> But still some troubles,
> to include zh-cn in typemaps, I inserted <variant>zh-cn</variant> in
> *.xml.meta,
> when I cvs update later, all meta files were flaged 'M', and prevent
> updating,

Nah, the 'M' stands for "modified", meaning your local file is a modified
version of the online file. When updating 'M' files, cvs tries to merge any
online changes into your modified version. If that fails, the 'M' file
becomes a 'C' file ("conflict") - which in fact prevents updating. If you
look into such a 'C' file, you will see the critical sections marked with
"<<<<<<<" (without quotes) and accompanying revision numbers.
However, in the case of the typemaps and metafiles, just another 'build
metafiles' should fix that (it runs a perlscript, which checks the content of
the metafile against the actually available file variants).

nd