httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject NameVirtualHost *:80
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:29:41 GMT
It has been suggested (IRC) that the NameVirtualHost line in the default
httpd conf be changed from

#NameVirtualHost *

#NameVirtualHost *:80

to disambiguate the whole *-ports via non-*-ports error message that
folks get on virtualhost misconfiguration.

Any thoughts on that? I'll go ahead and make this change unless anyone
objects. I'm always a little nervous about making changes in the default
config file, because of how directly it affects people. So if I'm
missing something important, let me know.

--
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the sky on laughter-silvered wings