httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Beginnings of a standards document
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 18:18:24 GMT
On 07/07/2003, at 05:08, Jason Lingohr wrote:
> Ok, how about this:
>
> http://icarus.apache.org/~jsl/httpd-2.0/manual/
> relevant_standards.html.en

Looks good to me; just a minor typo in the first sentence: 'releveant'
should be 'relevant' :)

In addition to what Joshua and Andre said, I'd like to suggest to use
some sort of short title after the RFC#. For example 'RFC 2617 - HTTP
Authentication: Basic and Digest Access Authentication' or only 'RFC
2617 - HTTP Authentication' to keep it short. This will make it much
easier to scan a possibly very long list...

Andre already mentioned the HTTP RFC errata listing. Additionally, I'd
like to see the following link go in too:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata.html.

Another point to consider are some of the ISO specifications. I think
we should also mention such things as
Language Codes (ISO 639, http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/),
Country Codes (ISO 3166,
http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/02iso-3166-code-
lists/index.html) and also Language Tags (RFC 1766,
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1766.txt).

BTW, you'll find a nice, pre-compiled list of HTTP related RFCs at
http://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/#RFC and the RFC search-engine at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/cgi-bin/rfcsearch.pl is always your friend ;-)

Cheers,
Erik

Oh, and yes, please link to http instead of ftp resources.