httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: xml/xhtml validation issues
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:13:50 GMT
On 29/07/2003, at 05:51, Ilia Soldis wrote:

> It's a pity that we can not use <nobr> tag in documents. It is used to
> make
> code string r->handler unbreakable. It looks ugly: r
> ->handler
> or r->
> handler.
> But ok I'll remove it.

AFAIK <nobr> wasn't even in the W3C HTML4 spec and is definitely not in
the XHTML specs. It's purely propietary... but as a solution we could
use something like 'whitespace: nowrap;' in the CSS and a <span
class="foo"> tag to apply the style inline.

I'd be happy to provide a patch, if it turns out to be such important
but for now I don't see a strong need for it.

Cheers,
Erik