httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "vishal arvindrao ruikar" <vinux_rui...@rediffmail.com>
Subject vishal (plz help me regarding filter problem )
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 05:25:22 GMT
hello  sir ..
       i  am  student  of final  computer  science and  engg ..
i  read  the  whole  apache server  code and  understand  the
concepts ..
i  want to  submit  also  apache documets  to  u  which  i
prepare
for that   but  sir  i  have one problem  regarding  filter
inmplentation  here..  plz send me correct  solution  for that
..

  the  problem  is follows  as :

  i  write one filter module  just  for appending  string  to
   html  document  what  ever  i  request in  brower .
    i  compiled my  code  successfully  , install and added
by  using

        apxs -c -i -a append_module.c        on  linux platform
.

i  put  one  fprintf statment to see the really filter
register  or  not  . but  sir  meg  printed  in  error fiile .
that  mean  it evocks  the  register_hook  but i  can't  say
anything
after  that  what is  going to  happen with  my  code .
     i  set  httpd.conf file
by using
          SetOutputFilter  APPEND
in proper way .
and also  i  use
   AddOutputFilter APPEND .html

but  it doesn't works  .
   currently  i  am  planing  to  write  filter  to  add
more  functionality  in  apache .
   but  sir if  i  fail  to  run  very  simple  code then
how  can  i  proceed  for big  code  ..
   so  sir plz  send me correct  modification  if  needed
and needed  configuration  to  run  this  module  succssfully
i  have  2.0.46 distribution ...

here is my  code :

#include "apr_strings.h"
#include "util_filter.h"
#include "http_request.h"
#include "http_core.h"
#include "http_protocol.h"
#include "http_log.h"
#include "http_main.h"
#include "ap_config.h"
#include "http_config.h"
#include "httpd.h"
#include "apr_general.h"
#include "apr_buckets.h"
#include "apr_tables.h"

module AP_MODULE_DECLARE_DATA append_module;
static int append_filter(ap_filter_t *f, apr_bucket_brigade *bb)
{
         apr_bucket *e, *n;
         request_rec *r = f->r;
         conn_rec *c = r->connection;
         char *date_val;
         apr_size_t len ;
         char *buff ;
         buff=apr_bucket_alloc(len, c->bucket_alloc);
         buff[0]='v';
         buff[1]='i';
         buff[2]='s';
         buff[3]='h';
         buff[4]='a';
         buff[5]='l';

         fprintf(stderr,"hello vishal , we  r now in  footer
handler ");
         if(!strncasecmp(f->r->content_type, "text/html", 9))
         {
                 e=APR_BRIGADE_LAST(bb);
                 if (APR_BUCKET_IS_EOS(e))
                 {

                   n= apr_bucket_pool_create(buff ,len,f->r->pool
, f->c->bucket_alloc );
                  APR_BUCKET_INSERT_BEFORE(e, n);
                  apr_table_unset(f->r->headers_out, "ETag");
                  apr_table_unset(f->r->headers_out,
"Last-Modified");
                  }
          }
          ap_pass_brigade(f->next, bb);
          return APR_SUCCESS;
}
static  void footer_register_hook(apr_pool_t *p)
{
         fprintf(stderr,"hello vishal , we  r  now  in  register
hook ");
         ap_register_output_filter("FOOTERFILTER",
footer_filter,NULL, AP_FTYPE_CONTENT_SET);
}
module AP_MODULE_DECLARE_DATA footer_module =
{
         STANDARD20_MODULE_STUFF,
         NULL,
         NULL,