httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Jason Lingohr <ja...@lucid.net.au>
Subject Re: Beginnings of a standards document
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 01:32:30 GMT
(Multi-people quotations)

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 09:56:08AM -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:

> A couple small comments:
>
> 1. I'd keep the descriptions as short as possible, since there is no need
> to recreate what the abstract of the RFC will say.

Yeah -- I had intended to do this; what you're seeing was just a quick
mockup at the moment.  Point taken.

> 2. Just as a style issue, I don't have a strong adherence to "adheres to".
> Brings up an image of a fly trapped on fly-paper ;-).  I'd replace it with
> simply "follows" or something like that.

Agreed.  Changed.

> Regarding which standards to document, there is no particular person who
> knows the answer to this (although Roy Fielding would surely come
> closest).  You can start with the stuff here:
> http://httpd.apache.org/library/
> and perhaps post a message to dev@httpd asking for more suggestions.

I was going to use the library, and thanks for the other contacts.

André Malo said:

> (1) I would prefer to link to http resources rather than ftp

No problems.

> (2) the double-<dd> is not so cool, I'm not sure; what about

Taken onboard and changed.

> (3) I'd put a space between RFC and #

Done.

> (4) RFC 2616 is not a draft standard ;-))

Unless I'm missing something, rfc-editor.org says it is... at least on the
index page.

Erik Abele said:

> Andre already mentioned the HTTP RFC errata listing. Additionally, I'd
> like to see the following link go in too:
> http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata.html.

I'll add a links section.

--
Jason Lingohr