httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod mod_ssl.xml quickreference.xml
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:53:59 GMT
>> A philisophical question: is a sitemap a list of all "files" or a list of
>> all "content"?  I don't know, but I think I favor the latter.

> philosophical - may be. Technical - we need one document that maintains a
> list of all files for transformation and autogeneration purposes. The
> sitemap doesn't seem to be the worst choice ;-)

I tend to tell a sitemap a table of content, not a list of all physical
files. But both needs can be fullfilled with one document, when we think
of the generated sitemap as a subset of the files list. An attribute
"hide from sitemap" would help.
For this special problem ...

>>> This problem should be gone anyway, if/when we automate the FAQ category
>>> entries. Then we would do something similar to the modules (a &faq; entity
>>> or so) and every transformation can do with this, what it wants. What do you
>>> think?
>>
>> Sure.  I'm having a hard time imagining exactly what this will look like,
>> but it sounds like the right direction.

... a new faq will do it. Sounds good.

Kess