httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: fr translating newcomer
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:47:42 GMT

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Vincent Deffontaines wrote:
> I am a french newbie of this list, mostly here to help translate stuff in
> french, as I can see a lot of documentations lack a french version, and I
> am gonna have time this summer :-)
> I actually saw some HTML french files, but couldn't find their xml relatives.

Welcome!

Yes, the existing french files in the tree predate the xml conversion.
They should be replaced by xml.

> Several questions :
> - I saw no french DTD or XSL files? Do i have to start generating them?

I don't think a new DTD is necessary, but yes, you will need to create a
manual/style/manual.fr.xsl and manual/style/lang/fr.xml

> - In a general way, is there some thing more urgent than others I should
> start with?

Not that I know of.

> - Any doc anywhere about the way to play with special characters, such as
> accents? Anyone having some vim macros for me to hack?

Probably our German contingent could provide some advice.

> Btw, I am quite interested to get a SSHed CVS access, as I mostly work
> behind a firewall that denies pserver. For now I have only looked and
> played with the tarballs.

Start by sending in some stuff to the mailing list.  CVS access will come
if you keep sending good stuff.

Joshua.