httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: xml and &nbsp;
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:51:10 GMT

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Jason Lingohr wrote:

> I attempted to view dns-caveats.xml and discovered several &nbsp; codes in
> it, to which Firebird spat it and said "undefined entity".
>
> A quick grep shows that the element is used in dns-caveats.xml and
> custom-error.xml.
>
> Not being up to speed on style, I'm not sure if this is just a local
> environment thing for me, or something bigger.  I noticed a nbsp.xml file
> under ...style/xsl/util, not sure if this has relevance.

Unfortunately, the xml files are currently not viewable using just a plain
browser.  I can't remember all the details of the current problems, but
they have at least something to do with these darn character entitites.

Given that, in order to view the documents you need to use the process
described here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/docsformat.html
to transform them to html.

Joshua.