httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: latex status
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 20:26:13 GMT
On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Astrid Ke├čler wrote:

> > I don't even own the "LaTeX Companion" which is considered the
> > bible.
>
> Are "LaTeX Companion" and "LaTeX Web Companion" the same?

Nope.  If you want to see the difference, amazon.com has both of them.

I took a quick look at the Web Companion.  It looks interesting, but it
focuses mostly on latex->pdf and latex->html rather than xml->latex, which
is the hard part.

Lamport's "Latex: A Document Preparation System" is actually better than
the "LaTeX Companion" for a beginner, but I suspect you could get by
without it.

Joshua.