httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <>
Subject Re: FW: New Apache Mirror Site in Namibia
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:06:28 GMT

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Erik Abele wrote:
> > I'm not sure if you have the permissions for that.  If you would like to
> > help out with mirror stuff, you would be VERY welcome.  Just let me know
> > and we'll get you added to the apmirror account.
> Hmmm, I'm not sure if I can handle the amount of work at the moment and
> I don't want to be obstructive :) The question is how high is the volume
> of mirrors@ and what is the average rate of requests coming in?
> Although I'm quite aware of,
>, and the involved
> scripts (Henk's mirmon and download.cgi), I just can't estimate how much
> daily work has to be done.
> Perhaps we can figure out some of the details privately to prevent the
> pollution of docs.

> BTW, I'm definitely not averse to helping out but I won't be of any
> great help when it comes to Python :-)

Sorry I never replied to this.  You are very welcome to help out,
regardless of your python knowledge.  Pretty much all I know about python
I learned by playing with those scripts myself.

The amount of daily work is very low.  I'd say I put in an hour a week or
so.  The minimum requirement is probably just to subscribe to and check the mirrors webpage every now and then to
make sure things look ok.  (It might be good to also subscribe to, but I wouldn't call that a requirement.)

If you are still interested, let me know and I'll have you added to the
relevant groups.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message