httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Configuration of /manual in httpd-2.1 httpd-std.conf
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:33:39 GMT

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, André Malo wrote:
> However, the policy when to use the containers is not existing and I'd agree
> to drop all the <IfModule>s in the config (except MPM containers), since
> they hide the error messages (heck, *I* missed it sometimes and was confused
> that it didn't work).
> But I believe, we need to discuss this on the dev list, I'm not sure what
> the general opinion there is.

Just a little history here: I agree 100% with you about the <IfModule>
containers, and have argued this point on the dev list in the past.  But
there are also some people who have strong opinions that the default
config should work, regardless of which modules are included.  It has been
discussed within the last year on dev, and opinions were very mixed, but
nobody had the nerve/desire to veto inclusion of the <ifmodule>:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=102822362123565&w=2

Joshua.