httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: latex status
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:37:09 GMT

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Yoshiki Hayashi wrote:

> I tried it and it failed in the middle of
> misc/security_tips.tex file.

> The error is:
>
> [46] (./misc/security_tips.tex
> ! Illegal parameter number in definition of \Hy@tempa.
> <to be read again>
> l.16 ...tpd.apache.org/lists.html\#http-announce}}
>                                                    where you can keep inform...
>
> I manually escaped first occurence of # character and ran
> pdflatex again.  It says:

> So it looks like my pdflatex doesn't like '#' in \href.

Yep, it's in the TODO list to figure out how to fix that.  The problem is
with the hyperref package.  The docs say that no escaping is required for
"#", but, as you note, I can't currently get it to work with or without
escaping.

In the end, to get a working version, you need to hit "q" (for "quiet") at
the errors and just let LaTeX happily ignore them.  I'm working towards
zero errors, but it might be a while before I get there.

Joshua.