httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: latex status
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 20:17:17 GMT
A new version of the pdf docs is now online at
http://www.apache.org/~slive/manual/

This one seems quite presentable to me.  There are still lots of little
things to do, of course.  But I'm almost ready to call it an initial
release.  Feedback is very welcome, and additions to the TODO list would
be appreciated.  Of course, subtractions from the TODO list would be even
more appreciated.

Some notes:

- It's now over 3MB.  I really have no idea why it grew so much (around
25%) given that I added almost no text.

- I very much hope that some people are going to give this a try.  I don't
want to be the only person who knows how to deal with this stuff.  It
would be helpful if some people would at least go through the build steps
so that I know if there is anything in my local setup that I haven't taken
into account.

- There is now some stuff I'd like to commit that goes outside the latex
directory.  This includes
* <columnspec> entries for some tables.  (If you look at the pdf file,
you'll note I haven't done them all; but I have done some.)
* Move the indexes to the end of the sitemap; people tend to look for
indexes at the end of a book.
* Some minor markup changes here and there.  For example, there are some
<directivesynopsis> that <br/>s in places where they really don't belong.
I could go through some hoops in LaTeX to get this to work, but it would
be better to just fix the markup.

If anyone has objections to this, please speak now.

Joshua.