httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Yoshiki Hayashi <yosh...@xemacs.org>
Subject Re: latex status
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:34:11 GMT
Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> writes:

> - I very much hope that some people are going to give this a try.  I don't
> want to be the only person who knows how to deal with this stuff.  It
> would be helpful if some people would at least go through the build steps
> so that I know if there is anything in my local setup that I haven't taken
> into account.

I tried it and it failed in the middle of
misc/security_tips.tex file.

What I did was:

cd httpd-2.1/docs
cvs up
cd manual/build
cvs up
./build.sh latex
cd ..
pdflatex sitemap.tex

The error is:

[46] (./misc/security_tips.tex
! Illegal parameter number in definition of \Hy@tempa.
<to be read again>
l.16 ...tpd.apache.org/lists.html\#http-announce}}
                                                   where you can keep inform...

I manually escaped first occurence of # character and ran
pdflatex again.  It says:

[196]
! Illegal parameter number in definition of \Hy@tempa.
<to be read again>
l.81 ....apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html\#year2000}}
                                                   from the Apache Group, th...

So it looks like my pdflatex doesn't like '#' in \href.

Running pdflatex --version says:

pdfTeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159-1.10b
kpathsea version 3.4.5

Let me know if you need more information about my environment.

--
Yoshiki Hayashi