httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: FW: New Apache Mirror Site in Namibia
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 22:07:34 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Erik Abele wrote:
>
>>I've added it [http://apache.incredible.com.na/
>><schalk@incredible.com.na>] to site-tools/mirror.list and if there is
>>nothing more magic to do, it should appear on
>>http://www.apache.org/mirrors/ soon.
>
> Thanks very much Erik for both of those updates.
>
> I just did one further thing needed to get the mirror online:
> from daedelus:
> cd /home/apmirror/mirrors; cvs up

Ahh, okay, I don't have an account on daedalus...

> I'm not sure if you have the permissions for that.  If you would like to
> help out with mirror stuff, you would be VERY welcome.  Just let me know
> and we'll get you added to the apmirror account.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I can handle the amount of work at the moment and
I don't want to be obstructive :) The question is how high is the volume
of mirrors@ and what is the average rate of requests coming in?

Although I'm quite aware of apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html,
apache.org/dev/mirrors.html, apache.org/mirrors/ and the involved
scripts (Henk's mirmon and download.cgi), I just can't estimate how much
daily work has to be done.

Perhaps we can figure out some of the details privately to prevent the
pollution of docs.

Cheers,
Erik

BTW, I'm definitely not averse to helping out but I won't be of any
great help when it comes to Python :-)