httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <>
Subject Re: don't distribute docs with source?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 21:34:54 GMT
> So yes, it would be nice to make docs available locally even before the
> server is up and running, but I can't see us distributing much more or
> less on the docs side (unless someone feels like making and english only
> version ;)

This is not so difficult. nd is already generating one ...

Well, I'm podering about an english only documentation to be delivered
with the release packages. Each release should contain a documentation.
This need not be every available language and format, it could also be a
"basic" html docs. Other languages and formats as well as a "all
languages html documentation" could be offered as separate downloads.

Most advantages are the same Joshua mentioned. The danger of an ignored
documentation is not so high. The addtional traffic could be absorbed by
also mirroring the docs-only packages. But it may need an installation
instuction for additional languages (how to configure Apache to offer
two or more languages).

I'm sill waveringly how to do, but I'm +1 too offer seperate and
stand-alone documentation.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message