httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: when to add to mime.types
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:21:29 GMT
> As I say there, I don't have any problem with making an exception to our
> policy, or even removing the policy entirely.  But the policy does keep us
> from getting a flood of "please add our type" messages.  (We already get a
> substantial number.)

> Opinions?

Our policy is really ok. It is not too difficult to add additional types
to the configuration (whereever they want). It seems a lot of people are
thinking, it is a bug if they have to configure their server.
<exaggerated>And we would not need AddType if we put all and everything
to the default mime.types.</exaggerated>

And if it is really so easy to register a new type, no one could say, we
would obstruct new types from being accepted. If it is not (ok, I didn't
read the corresponding information),then this might be a reason to easy the
policy.

Kess