httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (httpd-docs-2.0) Wed May 28 23:46:14 EDT 2003
Date Sat, 31 May 2003 18:26:05 GMT
On Thu, 29 May 2003, WC -Sx- Jones wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 11:46  PM, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> >     - Something that allows dynamic contributions from users a la
> >       FAQ-O-Matic?  (I don't think any really good software exists
> >       for this.)
>

> Write it ourselves - we have the technology.

It's really more a question of whether we *want* to do this, not whether
we can. FAQs that allow random users to contribute tend to be crufty
unless actively maintained and pruned. They also tend to contain rafts
of misinformation. I think we've discussed this one into the ground, and
I think we were in agreement that it's not a wonderful idea. Perhaps it
should get taken out of the STATUS file.

--
Rich Bowen
Apache - mod_perl - Perl - CGI