httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Keßler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject German document about Apache Security
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 17:39:28 GMT
The german Federal Ministry for IT-Security ("Bundesamt für Sicherheit
in der Informationstechnik") has published two studies (german only)
about Apache and IIS. The Apache one could be found at
http://www.bsi.bund.de/literat/studien/sistudien/Apache_2003.pdf. It
describes the design and configuration and analyzes the server by
security aspects. The main focus of the study is to discuss security
issues, not only by the server itself but also security issues of the
system and environment.

The document contains 167 pages and I haven't read them all. It looks
good at a first view - and maybe more interesting: The study attests the
Apache HTTP Server to be secure by default installation. Great ;)

Well, I think, it's worth to read the document more exact and then link
it somewhere on the project site...

Kess