httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "kajaa" <ka...@eastday.com>
Subject Re: [Chinese Translation] The font for Chinese CHM
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 05:34:42 GMT
hmm, pics may prove the fact better, so I made a page, look here:
http://kajaa.bbs.us/ami/ToMalo.html

kajaa

----- Original Message -----
From: "André Malo" <nd@perlig.de>
To: <docs@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 6:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Chinese Translation] The font for Chinese CHM

* kajaa wrote:

> I found that, the font in content panel of CHM specified in the orignal
> hhc.zh-cn.xsl is not good in a Chinese Windows (at least, I myself think
> so), try this patch please.
>
> -<xsl:variable name="toc-font" select="'SimHei,10,134'" /> <!-- MS magic
> +<xsl:variable name="toc-font" select="',9,'" /> <!-- MS magic ... -->

ah, hmm. The magic is exactly: (should document that):
fontname,fontsize,encoding.

9pt fontsize looks a bit small to me, but ok, I don't have to read it later
:-)
134 stands for gb2312 encoding that should be kept, too.
So I think, it's the font that you dislike. I'd really like to add a font
name, because systems that don't have chinese installed need to get a hint,
what is desired (to install then) here. Can you please find out the name of
the font (in latin letters please...), you'd like to see?

(I'd like to download the CHM from your site to have a look at myself, but
it's access protected :-).

Thanks, nd
--
die (eval q-qq[Just Another Perl Hacker